Our goal is to provide an environment that is conducive to inspired learning for all students at Washington State University through academic, socio-cultural and career focused services. Although our services are culturally unique to the “black” community it is our hope that all members of the university embrace our rich history, language and life style.
- To model a standard of academic excellence.
- To promote a welcoming and respectful environment within the Center.
- To thrive to perfect services rendered.
- To maximize our resources to better accommodate students’ needs.
- To provide opportunities for students to gain leadership skills and experience.
- To extend our network of partners to students for career opportunities.
Monthly/Annual Highlights include:
- African American Faculty and Staff Association “Brown Bag Luncheons”
- Alumni Career Day
- Parent “Spotlight”
- TGIF Game Night
- Student of the Month Recognition
- Multicultural Student Mentor Program Events
- Student Organization Events
- Black History Month Celebration
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (university sponsored)
We are committed to providing culturally relevant and efficient programs and services designed to foster successful transition, retention, persistence, achievement and graduation of scholars.